Professor Embree is an associate professor in SLIS and is one of two full-time faculty in the MFA in Book Arts Program. Her area of specialty is bookbinding. The results of her creative activity have been featured in juried exhibitions around the world.
- Graduate Certificate, Book Arts and Technologies Program, University of Iowa, 2000.
- Master of Family and Consumer Science, Iowa State University, 1997.
- BA, Art and Art History, University of Iowa, 1993.
Research and Creative Activity
- Recent Juried Creative Works
- Selected Recent Publications
- Recent Conference Presentations
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- BA 530: Bookbinding I: Elements of Binding
- BA 531: Bookbinding II: An Exploration of the Paper- and Cloth-Bound Book
- BA 532: Bookbinding III: Leather Binding
- BA 533: Bookbinding IV: Advanced Binding Exploration
- BA 534: Box Making
- LS 554: Conservation and Collection Management
Recent Professional Service Activities
- Vice President, Guild of Book Workers 2010-present.
- Co-Director, Paper and Book Intensive, May 2008-present.
- Editorial Board Member, Guild of Book Workers Journal, March 2009 – present.
- Executive Board Member, Guild of Book Workers National Organization, 1998 – 2002 and 2005 – 2010.
- Chair, Southeast Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers, 2003-present.
- Nominations Committee, Guild of Book Workers, Spring 2010.
- Grabhorn Fellowships Jury panel, College Book Arts Association, Spring 2010.